Bora Bora is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful islands in the world. It is one of the few places on earth that everyone hopes to visit in their lifetime and it is more than just a romantic ideal.
- A 30.55 km2 island group in the Leeward group in the western part of the Society Islands of French Polynesia in South Pacific.
- Located about 230 kilometres northwest of Papeete, the capital of French Polynesia.
- It is is located on a dormant volcano island, set on one of the most beautiful and crystal clear lagoons in the world, colored in a million shades of blue.
- Bora Bora is a popular international tourist destination, famous for its luxury resorts with overwater bungalows.
- The island is an internationally acclaimed honeymoon destination.
- The lush tropical slopes and valleys of Mount Otemanu blossom with hibiscus, while palm covered motu circle the illuminated lagoon like a delicate pearl necklace from the islands of French Polynesia.
- The perfect white sand beaches give way to blue waters where tropical colored fish animate the coral gardens and giant manta rays swim past you.
- When landing, the view from the plane is something that will take your breath away.
- In ancient times the island was called “Pora pora mai te pora”, meaning “created by the gods” in the local Tahitian dialect.
- Tahitians philosophy is “aita pea pea”, meaning “not to worry” and it is truly the Tahitian way of life.
For more visit: https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/ and https://www.tahiti.com