I scream, you scream, everyone’s screaming for Museum of Ice Cream!
- Is a company that develops and operates interactive retail experiences, or “selfie museums”, in major American cities.
- The company was founded by Maryellis Bunn and Manish Vora.
- Bunn has stated she regrets using the term “museum” and describes it as an “interactive multi-sensory exhibit”.
- The founder and CEO of MOIC, Maryellis Bunn, wants to ensure that the experience is more than Instagram eye candy.
- Bunn was named among Forbes’ “30 Under 30” in 2018 and an All-Star in 2019.
- Its first location, a pop-up, opened in the Meatpacking District in NYC in 2016.
- The success of the first pop-up resulted in openings of exhibits also in other US cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami.
- Currently you can visit the “Museum of Ice Cream” in SoHo, Manhattan in NYC, which is a permanent installation and location.
- It was announced that the first overseas location in Singapore is opening in August 2021.
- In NYC you can travel through 13 magical installations, including the Oh Yeah Room (dessert feast suspended by floating balloons), Celestial Subway (a re-imagination of the NY subway experience), Rainbow Tunnel (tribute to the city’s history of gay pride), Manhattan’s largest indoor slide and of course, the world’s largest and only Sprinkle Pool.
- You are served with sweet treats along your visit.
- Museum of Ice Cream creates multi-sensorial installations that connect people and spread joy. To them, ice cream is more than a sweet treat. It’s a universal symbol of happiness, a vehicle for imaginative wonder and a powerful force to bring people together.
For more information visit: