Margaritaville Resort Times Square is a one-of-a-kind escape found on the island of Manhattan with an authentic “no worries” vibe. Set to open in late spring 2021, the $300 million development will instantly transport locals and travelers alike to the iconic Margaritaville state of mind, right in the middle of Times Square.
Offering a much-needed escape from the everyday hustle and bustle of New York City, Margaritaville Resort Times Square is a true lifestyle hotel unlike any other in the city. With architecture by Stonehill Taylor and interior design by The McBride Company, the 32-story property features 234 island-inspired guest rooms, five restaurants and bar concepts, the only year-round outdoor heated pool in Times Square offering sweeping city views from the property’s fourth floor and best-in-class amenities including a Margaritaville brand retail store on the street level, fitness center and St. Somewhere bath amenities. In addition, the resort’s experienced meetings and events team will bring paradise to planners and attendees with custom event menus, amazing tropical cocktails and state-of-the-art technologies.
Located at the corner of Seventh Avenue and West 40th Street, the property is perfectly situated to become the new gateway to Times Square. Blocks away from the bright lights of the entertainment district and New York’s most notable attractions, shopping and the city’s museums, the urban resort’s central location offers guests access to any and every experience imaginable. There is much to do within walking distance of the hotel or a short subway ride away from visiting Bryant Park or the Empire State Building to taking in one of Broadway’s best new shows or a game at Madison Square Garden.
The 234-room hotel will feature a casual-luxe design with warm textiles, pops of turquoise and coastal colors and subtle nods to New York City’s own famous beaches. Each room will offer incredible views of the city’s famous skyline creating a feeling of escapism in the heart of Manhattan.
Margaritaville Resort Times Square features five signature restaurant and bar concepts on-site:
- MARGARITAVILLE RESTAURANT: The heart and soul of Margaritaville Times Square New York, this two-story, 468-seat restaurant transports guests to paradise the minute they walk through the door. The venue features two bars (one on each story), floor-to-ceiling windows beaming with natural light and a 32-foot replica of the iconic Statue of Liberty playfully holding a margarita in place of her torch that comes to life with a captivating music and light show created with state-of-the-art technology. The expansive menu offers casual, yet delectable dishes including the iconic Cheeseburger in Paradise, Volcano Nachos (arguably the largest serving available in Times Square live-up-to-its-name), world-class margaritas and a wide selection of cool concoctions. Serving guests from morning to night and delivering dance-your-cares-away live entertainment, this restaurant is the worry-free hub New Yorkers didn’t know they needed.
- LANDSHARK BAR & GRILL: Home to Times Square’s only year-round outdoor heated pool, LandShark Bar & Grill provides 110 seats that personify the “sand-in-your-feet” experience we all aspire to escape to. Whether guests are longing for a day at the beach or catching a sports game, LandShark has a little something for everyone. The menu boasts a number of seafood showstoppers like the exclusive-to-New York Seafood Steam Pot, lightly-breaded Coconut Shrimp and the soon-to-be-best-in-NYC Chicken Fingers. Wash everything down with a signature LandShark Lager or frozen drink and visitors will quickly realize this fourth-floor poolside retreat is a can’t-miss destination on the island of Manhattan.
- LICENSE TO CHILL BAR: This fifth floor, 75-seat indoor-outdoor gem specializes in craft cocktails that are complemented by sweeping views of Times Square (including that famous ball drop). Chill vibes are ‘heated up’ thanks to the ambiance-setting fire pits that line the outdoor terrace. The mixology-forward menu focuses on high-quality, creative concoctions made with fresh ingredients and inventive garnishes. Highlights include the Summer on the Coast, 7 Miles of Heaven and Passionate Mojito.
- 5 O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE BAR: Take the Margaritaville experience to the next level via this two-level rooftop that spans across the resort’s 31st and 32nd floors. Jaw-dropping, 360-degree views include sightings of the New Year’s Eve Ball, the Empire State Building and the Hudson River, and are only a few of the draws of this elevated respite. The sophisticated food and beverage menu includes small bites that elicit ‘big’ flavor. Guests can sample from the melt-in-your-mouth Wagyu Beef Sliders, stacked-high and freshly assembled Charcuterie Tower or Truffle Fries. The premium cocktails are prepared with top-shelf liquors and housemade juices. Instant classics include the Smoked Midtown Margarita, a party on its own thanks to its interactive tableside construction. For those looking to settle in with a bottle of wine, 5 o’Clock Somewhere’s list offers an extensive range of varieties and regions, inspiring guests to clink glasses and celebrate the beauty in everyday life.
- JOE MERCHANT: Located on the fifth floor’s main lobby, this all-in-one store allows guests to grab anything on the go. Whether it’s coffee, a quick bite or merchandise, Joe has you covered morning, noon and night.
The resort is booking NOW for June 2021.
Book your room at: https://www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-resort-times-square