The natural beauty and unique features are what make Cenote Suytun one of the best cenotes in Mexico. It is also one of the most photogenic and Instagrammable cenotes.
- Cenote Suytun is located 8 kilometers east of Valladolid, Mexico.
- It is a semi-open cenote, its swimming hole is located underground and there is a small opening in the roof.
- It is one of the most shallow cenotes, its depth ranges from 1 to 5 meters.
- The name Suytun means center stone.
- The reason why this cenote is so unique is that it has a spark of natural light beaming down into the middle of the cave through a hole in the roof.
- The cenote has an idyllic stone pathway that stretches out into the middle of turquoise waters.
- One of the most fascinating things besides the beam of light shining through is the incredible rock formations and stalactites on the roof.
- The best time to visit the Cenote Suytun is during the drier months, between December and May.
- Swimming in Cenote Suytun is allowed.