Unique. Mysterious in its duality. Praised in Slovenian poetry, mystical and mysterious.
- Savica Waterfall is a waterfall in northwestern Slovenia. It is located in Triglav National Park.
- Savica is very unique among world waterfalls – its watercourse is divided into two parts in the hidden undergrounds.
- The famous A-shaped waterfall normally comes into sight at an altitude of 836 m and is 78 m high.
- A large portion of water is sourced from a karts basin around Black Lake, the lowest lying lake in the Triglav Lakes Valley, which lies around 500 meters higher above the waterfall, because of which the spring has a relatively steady and strong flow.
- The Savica Waterfall is the source of Sava Bohinjka, known under the name of Savica to the spot where it flows into Lake Bohinj.
- Supposedly, at the rising sun at the Savica Waterfall, the famous Slovenian poet France Preseren drew inspiration for the most important Slovenian epic poem, Krst pri Savici.
- Breathtaking Savica Waterfall is one of the most famous waterfalls in Slovenia.