One of Peru’s best kept secrets that leaves you in awe with the breathtaking view at the magical turquoise waters.
- The Natural Pools of Millpu are also known as “Aguas Turquesas Millpu” or “Piscinas Naturales de Millpu”.
- Natural Pools of Millpu are 20 natural pools in the form of steps upon white stones.
- They are located in the countryside of Peru’s Ayacucho Region of Peru at 3600 m above sea level.
- What makes these lagoons so special is the color of the water – turquoise or green, depending on the season.
- The pools are glacial fed and the water is very cold.
- Peru’s dry season, that lasts from May till November.
- To visit the pools, you need to start your hike in the small town of Circamarca. The hike takes around 30 – 45 minutes to reach the pools.